Whitewater Adventures has the best group rates in the industry. Get together a group of nine or more, and one goes free! 18 or more and 2 go free, and so on!
Ages: Must be 11 years or older
Included: All Meals and Camping
Enjoy two days of Upper Cache Creek river rafting
“Get ready for the no-fuss, all-fun raft trip time of your life. You’re in for a night under the stars and two days of laugh-til-you-drop, adrenaline-pumping action in one of the most spectacular volcanic canyons California has to offer” – San Francisco Chronicle
On the two day trip you’ll venture through rapids such as The Mother, Widowmaker, and numerous other exciting rapids. Enjoy the wildlife during the day and gourmet campfire cuisine served in a tiki torch setting overlooking the river at night.
After orientation, you are off for a fun-filled two days of adventure. You will notice various birds of prey and a host of wildlife. Black bear, tule elk, bald eagles, wild boar, deer and turtles that make their home in and around the river banks.
The majestic canyon walls towering above you are actually million-year-old tilted seabeds carved by molten lava from the Mt. Konocti eruption during prehistoric times. Venture through rapids such as Widow Maker, Mario Andretti, The Infamous Mother, and many other thrilling rapids.
Lunch is served as a riverside picnic. At day’s end, you are rejoined with the group at our prestigious Irby campsite, deep in the canyon, and on the river. Here you can take a nature hike, explore the abundant wildlife, play horseshoes, basketball, volleyball, swim or just kick it around camp sharing your day’s adventures with fellow rafters.
Dinner is a first-class feast served in a tiki-torch setting. Canyon evenings at our riverside camp are enchanting and starlit with nothing but the whisper of water to lull you to sleep right after our famous disco dance party on the river which ends at 10:30 p.m.
You awaken on the second day to crisp morning air, and a scrumptious hot breakfast. You then embark on the river around 9 a.m. to begin your new day of whitewater excitement. Lunch will be a riverside picnic.
Add on Friday night camping to your trip for some added fun and convenience.
- 2 days of whitewater rafting
- All meals
- Riverside camping at our prestigious campsite
- Disco dance party under the stars
- You have a choice of mesquite grilled NY steak, humanely raised chicken breast, or a garden burger, with giant one-pound Idaho baked potato, sweet corn on the cob, pasta, artichoke hearts, fresh sourdough bread, shrimp and spinach dip, guacamole and chips, also a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese and tons of appetizers all served under the stars.
- A riverside picnic: Turkey or ham, jack and cheddar cheese, fresh sourdough bread and chips.
- Our breakfast is a three-course masterpiece with fresh ranch scrambled eggs, ham, country potatoes, flour tortillas and salsa. Also, granola, fresh strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, rolls, and pastries with juice, coffee, hot cocoa, tea, apple cider, and milk.
* No Camping Gear? No problem! Whitewater Adventures now offers tent rental! We can rent you a 2 person tent, 2 pads, and 2 lawn chairs. Let one of our Whitewater guides be your concierge and deal with the hassle of setting up your tent and breaking it down. All you need to do is bring is your sleeping bag and pillow.
YOU ARE ONLY GONE FOR 1 NIGHT. You don’t need to pack your wardrobe.
Please leave all valuables at home. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen gear.
All your gear will be transported to the campsite by cargo buses.
ALL GEAR LOOKS THE SAME. IT’S EITHER BLACK, GREEN, BLUE, OR RED. YOU MUST LABEL YOUR NAME ON YOUR SLEEPING BAG, TENT AND GEAR BAG WITH COLORFUL DUCT TAPE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST ITEMS.
Please Pack The Following:
- Sleeping bag – label with colorful tape.
- Large duffel bag for all your clothes & gear – label with colorful tape.
- Tent – label with colorful tape.
- Air mattress or foam pad for the ground.
- Swim-wear / shorts.
- Basic rafting attire can consist of shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes or Tevas. No high heels, wedges, or pumps. Seriously, people do show up wearing them. Don’t be that person
- Tennis shoes that lace tightly, or rugged sandals with secure straps like Tevas for rafting. This is very important! Your footwear must be able to be attached tightly and have a hard sole. (Steel toed boots are a wee too much). You will not be permitted to raft with inappropriate footwear.
- Small plastic ice chest with drinks and ice for your raft ride & lunch for both days. (Something that can fit 12 drinks will fit well in the raft)
- You must provide plenty of water for two days for your raft ride & for your lunches (lunch is provided both days).
- Lots of beverages, Gatorade, BOTTLED WATER. Try to avoid soft drinks.
- Loud Hawaiian attire for appetizers.
- White or neon colored clothing for our 100,000 watt blacklight DISCO PARTY.
- Board Games, cards, dice, checkers, chess etc. NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC AT OUR WILDERNESS CAMPSITE.
- Dry shoes for around campsite.
- Hat and sunglasses with strap.
- Waterproof camera for your river selfies.
- Sunscreen and towel for camp.
- Friday Night Campers Please bring plenty of extra ice to restock your rafting ice chest for Saturday and Sunday. See Mark on “How to Keep Your Ice – Iced For Days”
- Driver’s license or other form of ID to camp for trip confirmation.
Please NO alcohol while rafting. Booze and rapids do not mix! Ok at camp, but not on the river, or the morning before your trip.
We rarely cancel trips because of weather. If it looks like rain, please bring a windbreaker, wool sweater, wool caps, and wool socks and/or rent a wet suit from your local dive shop. No cotton clothing. Wool, wool, wool.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING THESE ITEMS, THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE RIVER OR AT CAMP:
- No amplified music, iPhones, iPads, iAnything. Nobody wants to hear your music at camp or on the river. It’s one sure way to get banned from our trips.
- No styrofoam ice chests.